About Dr. Liew Hui Min
Dr. Liew Hui Min graduated with commendation from the University of Dundee Medical School in the UK. She undertook her medical training in the UK and obtained her membership to the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP(UK)). During her specialist training in dermatology, she was attached to various prestigious hospitals in the UK, such as University of Leeds Hospitals, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
She completed her dermatology training at the King’s College Hospital in London, having qualified as a dermatologist under the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board and London Deanery, UK. She has more than 12 years of experience in dermatology.
She attained fellowship with the Academy of Medicine, Singapore and is also a member of other renowned organisations in this field. These include the Dermatological Society of Singapore, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Society (Singapore), Paediatric Dermatology Focus Group of Dermatological Society of Singapore, international fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, international member of the Women’s Society of Dermatology, and Collegiate Member of Royal College of Physicians (UK). She now acts as an executive committee member of the Dermatological Society of Singapore.
Upon returning to Singapore in 2014, Dr. Liew served as a Specialist Consultant in KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (“KKH”), where she sub-specialised in paediatric, women, obstetric, and vulva dermatology. She helped to develop new services in paediatric and women’s dermatology (in particular obstetric and vulva dermatology) at KKH. She also helped to set up multidisciplinary clinics such as chronic eczema and psychodermatology clinic for children. During her time at KKH, she held several leadership roles such as Patient Safety and Educational Lead in dermatology service. She was also a Visiting Consultant in Singapore General Hospital, running dermatology clinics. To date, Dr Liew continues to contribute to the community by serving as a Visiting Consultant at KKH.
She is also actively involved in the furthering of medical education by providing lectures to fellow colleagues, medical students and the community in public forums. She was conferred the title of Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Duke-NUS Medical School for her contribution to the Singapore medical education. In addition, she was also a clinical lecturer to Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, and an honorary lecturer at the University of Leeds.
As an avid researcher, Dr Liew continues to contribute to medical research in the field of dermatology. She has published her work in multiple peer-reviewed scientific journals. She has been invited as a speaker at various local and regional dermatology conferences, particularly those focusing on paediatrics. She was part of the organizing committee of the Regional Scientific Meeting of Paediatric Dermatology 2018 in Singapore.
Her commitment to the care of her patients saw her winning the KKH Service from the Heart Award in 2014.
She is also able to converse fluently in English, Bahasa, and Chinese (Mandarin, Hokkien and Cantonese dialects).
Dr Liew is currently practising at SOG – HM Liew Skin & Laser Clinic.
- Tan CWX, Foong AYW, HM Liew, Koh MJA. A Review of Tinea Capitis in a Cohort of Asian Children. Annals Academy of Medicine 2018; 47(4): 156-158.
- Liew HM, Chong JH. Peri-orificial rash in an infant. BMJ 2017;358:j3606.
- Koh MJ, Giam YC, Liew HM, Foong AY, Chong JH, Wong SMY, Tang MBY, Ho MSL, Tan LS, Mason JM, Cork MJ. Comparison of the Simple Patient-Centric Atopic Dermatitis Scoring System PEST with SCORAD in Young children Using a Ceramide Dominant Therapeutic Moisturizer. Dermatology and Therapy 2017 Sep; 7(3):383-393.
- Hui M Liew, Colin W Tan, Clement KM Ho, Jade N Chee, Mark JA Koh Transient neonatal zinc deficiency caused by a novel mutation in SLC30A2 gene. Pediatric Dermatology 2017 Mar;34(2):e104-e105.
- L. Tang-Lin, H.M. Liew, M.J.A. Koh, J.C. Allen, T.C. Tan. Prevalence of Striae Gravidarum a multi-ethnic Asian Population and the Associated risk factor. Australasian Journal of Dermatology 2017 Aug; 58(3):e154-e155.
- HM Liew, V Long, MJA Koh. Lupus Panniculitis: Case series. Malaysian Journal of Dermatology 2016;36:46-50.
- Chong JH, Tawng K, Liew HM, Soh SY, Tan AM, Koh MJ. A case of eczematoid graft versus host disease. Pediatr Dermatol. 2016;33(3):e195-e197.
- Chee JN, Koh MJ, Liew HM. Progressive scarring facial lesions in a boy. Clin Case Rep. 2015 Dec 6;4(2):120-2.
- HM Liew, MJA Koh. Case series of rare lupus erythematosus panniculitis in children. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology May 2015; 72(5 Suppl. 1): AB197.
- Ng JP, Liew HM, Ang SB. Use of emollients in atopic dermatitis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. May 2015;29(5):854-7.
- Chong JH, Liew HM, Koh MJ. A lumbosacral hemangioma with spinal dysraphism. J Pediatr. 2015 Feb;166(2):495.
- Liew HM, Hogarth V, Hay R. Antibiotics commonly used in skin infections. In: Handbook of systemic treatment in dermatology 2nd ed. June 2015 ISBN 9781482222845. Page 39-55.
- Liew HM, Rhobles W, Morris-Jones R. Antifungal. In: Handbook of systemic treatment in dermatology 2nd ed. June 2015 ISBN 9781482222845. Page 56-75.
- Liew HM, Morris-Jones R, Diaz-Cano S, Bashir S. Pseudofolliculitis barbae induced by oral minoxidil. Clinical Experimental of Dermatology Oct 2012; 37(7): 800-801.
- Liew HM, Morris-Jones R. Diagnosis and treatment of impetigo in children. MIMS Dermatology Sept 2011;3:33-5.
- Liew HM, Morris-Jones R. Update on the management of tinea capitis. MIMS Dermatology 2010; 6(4): 27-29.
- Liew HM, Shah M. The national tariff fails to adequately compensate for dermatology services. British Journal of Dermatology 2010; 163(Suppl.1): pp20-72.
- Liew HM, Wilkinson M. Audit of Superficial X-ray and Grenz ray for the treatment of benign inflammatory skin conditions. British Journal of Dermatology 2009; 161(Suppl. 1): pp21-69
- Invited Speaker on “Pregnancy Dermatoses” at the Regional Scientific Meeting of Paediatric Dermatology conference on 28 April 2018
- Invited Speaker on “Paediatric Anogenital Skin Conditions” at the Regional Scientific Meeting of Paediatric Dermatology conference on 28 April 2018
- Oral presentation on 2 interesting cases “Transient neonatal zinc deficiency due to a novel mutation presenting with psoriasiform dermatitis in an infant” and “Happle-Tinschert syndrome – a rare syndrome that involves multiple hamartomas” at the International Day of American Academy of Dermatology in Orlando, Florida on the 2 March 2017
- Invited Speaker on ‘Pregnancy Dermatoses – when should I worry?’ for the 22nd Regional Conference of Dermatology (Asian – Australasian) in Singapore on the 23 April 2016
- Oral and poster presentation on “Linear and annular lupus panniculitis: a report of 3 paediatric cases from Singapore” at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in San Diego on the 20 March 2015
- Oral and poster presentation on ‘Is methyl benzyl ether hydroquinone a safe therapeutic agent in depigmentation of vitiligo?’ at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in San Diego on the 16 March 2012
- Case presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine in London on CPC case of trichilemmal carcinoma on the 19 Sept 2010
- Case presentation at the annual meeting of the British Society of Paediatric Dermatology in Leeds on a case of acquired lipodystrophy on the 10 Oct 2009
- Case presentation on drug-induced granuloma annulare at the St. John’s clinical meeting in London on the 6 March 2008
- Case presentation on multicentric reticulohistiocytosis at the Northern England Dermatological Society Regional meeting in Leeds on the 28 Oct 2010
- Presentation of a survey on dermatology acute service at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (London) Clinical Governance meeting for the Medicine and A&E Directorate on the 25 June 2008
- Case presentation on koebnerisation of bullous pemphigoid at the Midlands Dermatology Society Meeting at the Leicester Royal Infirmary on the 17 March 2007
- Poster presentation at the World Congress of Paediatric Dermatology meeting in Chicago on “A multidisciplinary approach in managing moderate-severe atopic dermatitis in children” – July 2017
- Poster presentation at the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting in Orlando, Florida on “Lichen planus of the vulva: the clinical characteristics of fourteen Asian patients” – March 2017
- Poster presentation at the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting in Washington DC on “A review of tinea capitis in a cohort of Asian children” – March 2016
- Poster presentation at the British Association of Dermatology annual meeting in Manchester on “The national tariff fails to adequately compensate for dermatology services” – July 2010
- Poster presentation at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress in Berlin on Sister Mary Joseph’s nodule, an initial presenting complaint of an underlying cholangiocarcinoma – Oct 2009
- Poster presentation at the British Association of Dermatology in Glasgow on Audit of Superficial X-ray and Grenz ray for the treatment of benign inflammatory skin conditions – July 2009